Friday, November 20, 2009
This is the first time i tried cooking Curry. it's because i'm afraid i might not get the taste i am wanting. hahaha
But as always, there's always the first time.. Inspired by how Tatay cooked curry before, i managed to cook din by following instructions thru text.. hahaha
Thanks to Google also.. hehehe
I hope you guys will love this simple recipe.. Kasi ako medyo nagustuhan ko lasa ng luto ko. hehehe
1/2 chicken (can use chicken breasts or thighs), chopped into pieces, and marinated in 2 tbsps of curry powder, some salt
3 large potatoes, peeled and each cut into 6 pieces
1 large onion, peeled and quartered
3-5 sprigs of curry leaves (the more the better)
5 tbsp of meat curry powder (or buy RM2 of wet curry spices from market)
2 cups coconut milk (fresh or canned or packeted ones)
To be blended with a little water : -
10 shallots or small onions
5 cloves garlic
5 fresh red chillis or soaked dried chillis
1 inch ginger
1 inch fresh turmeric or 1 tbsp turmeric powder
2 – 3 stalks of lemon grass/serai – use only the bottom 1 inch
1) Mix the curry powder into the blended ingredients.
2) Heat up some oil and fry the potato chunks until they are half cooked, stirring often and remove. Set aside.
3) In 4 – 5 tbsp of oil heated up in a wok or pan, put in the ground ingredients and curry leaves, and sitrfry for about 5 minutes until it is fragrant.
4) Add in the chicken pieces and stirfry for about 5 minutes, to seal in the juices.
5) Add in the potatoes and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
6) Lower heat to medium and simmer for about 25 – 35 minutes until the chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.
7) Season to taste, and serve with white rice.