Yesterday, I ran out of ideas of what to cook for lunch for our laborers. We already had adobo and menudo plus sinigang all through the week, and I still have a few pounds of pork meat in the fridge.
Good thing is that I still have s few jalapenos left and what I just need is half a cup or less of shrimp paste.
Further, I found this recipe online which is really an easy one to cook.. :)
All you need to have are the following:
- 2 lbs Pork, cubed
- 1 tbsp Garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 pc chili (banana pepper, jalapeno, or long chili pepper), sliced
- 1/2 cup shrimp paste
- 3-5 pcs dried bay leaves
- 1 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 24 ounces water
- salt and pepper
- In a pot, pour-in the water and bring to a boil
- Put-in the pork, vinegar, and dried bay leaves and simmer for 35 minutes or until meat is tender
- Remove the meat from the pot separating it from the liquid and other ingredients. set aside
- In a separate pan, saute the garlic, onion, tomato
- Add the shrimp paste and simmer for 5 minutes (more time is needed for raw shrimp paste)
- Put the pork in and cook for 7 minutes. Be sure to mix all the ingredients well
- Add the chili and simmer for 3 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!