TONY IOMMI (guitar)
GEEZER BUTLER (bass)
• BLACK SABBATH released their self-titled debut album on February 13, 1970.
• “Black Sabbath is credited with creating heavy metal,” according to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. “The success of their first two albums--Black Sabbath and Paranoid--marked a paradigm shift in the world of rock.
· BLACK SABBATH have sold over 70 million albums together.
· BLACK SABBATH reunited in July 1985 (their first appearance together since 1978) for Bob Geldof's Live Aid benefit concert in Philadelphia, PA.
· In 1998, BLACK SABBATH reunited for two shows at the Birmingham NEC. The shows were recorded and released as the double live album Reunion, which was certified platinum. It also earned the band a 2000 Grammy award for Best Metal Performance for "Iron Man.”
· In 2005, BLACK SABBATH were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame by Brian May of Queen.
• In 2006, BLACK SABBATH was inducted into the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, an honor bestowed on them by Metallica’s James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame noted, “…they remain one of the most misunderstood bands in rock history,” adding: “The band’s musicality was generally overlooked, but they possessed an inventiveness and fluency that, in hindsight, makes them seem as much of a progressive-rock band as a heavy-metal one.”
· On 11/11/11, BLACK SABBATH and producer Rick Rubin got together in Los Angeles to announce their reunion including a new album and world tour. The band also announced the launch of www.blacksabbath.com, the first-ever official BLACK SABBATH website for all authorized BLACK SABBATH news. In that time, the group’s Facebook page has grown to include more than 7.3 million fans.
· In the summer of 2012, BLACK SABBATH headlined both the mammoth multi-day UK Download Festival in the U.K and Lollapalooza in the U.S. Both shows had more than 100,000 in attendance on the day of their performance.
· 13 was produced by Rick Rubin (seven-time Grammy winner, two of those as Producer of the Year) and BLACK SABBATH were joined on the album by drummer Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine).
· The 2013 BLACK SABBATH world tour kicked off April 2013 with dates in New Zealand, Australia and Japan.
· 2013 U.S. dates include stops:
· In advance of the release of 13, the band released a series of five clips
(directed by Jack Osbourne) shot in the studio during the album’s recording. The clips debuted utilizing the band’s social networks.
· 13 features eight songs and clocks in at nearly 60 minutes.
· 13’s first single “God Is Dead?” debuted across Clear Channel Media and Entertainment’s more than 40 Active Rock and Mainstream Rock radio stations nationwide on April 18. The track was the #1 most added at active and mainstream rock.
· In the first 24 hours of the iTunes store pre-order of 13, BLACK SABBATH topped the charts with the #1 Rock album and single, the #1 Metal album and single, and the #19 Overall album.
· BLACK SABBATH made a rare television appearance when they performed in the season finale (May 15, 2013) of CBS-TV’s “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION.”
Black Sabbath new album “13” is now available in CD nationwide and online via iTunes under MCA Music in cooperation with SMART Live More!
Press Releases & Assets: